You Can Trust SERVPRO!
Serving America Since 1967
SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals have been helping home and business owners recover from fire damages across the United States.
Over 1,600 Franchises Nationwide
More locations means faster response. A SERVPRO® Franchise Professional can usually be on-site within four hours to help protect the structure, business and personal property.
SERVPRO® National Call Center Served 313 Insurance and Property Management Companies and Their Clients Nationwide in the Last Year Alone.
We have earned the trust of the insurance industry by serving thousands of their policy holders and clients with respect and integrity. The more we restore, the less that needs to be replaced. This helps our clients save millions of dollars each year. That helps lower your insurance rates too!
24-Hour Emergency Service
In our business, you need us fast! The sooner we arrive, the better the chance we can reduce damage and save money. Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Trained, Uniformed Franchise Professionals
A trained, uniformed and equipped SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will walk you through the job process and then work quickly to restore your property to preloss condition whenever possible.
From large commercial environments to small residential losses, SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals understand your loss is the job that matters most! We will be happy to provide references so you can feel confident that SERVPRO® is the best system to service your needs.
What To Do After a Water Damage
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much exes water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment have been exposed to or are submerged in water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors as this could potentially cause staining.
- Leave Oriental rugs or any other rugs on the floor on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock to yourself or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, and especially not on wet concrete flooring.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Commercial Fire/Water Damage
Sprinkler systems can be a common source of water damage in commercial facilities. While their benefits far outweigh their cons, both properly and improperly working sprinkler systems can contribute to a flooded facility. In this case, a fire in an adjacent building caused the sprinkler system in this building to go off over the weekend. The sprinkler shut-off was eventually found but not until the damage had affected 36,000 sq ft of the facility. If this was your facility, what would you do?
Choose a Trained Professional
When your facility is affected, it is important to call a commercial drying specialist such as SERVPRO of Pascagould. At SERVPRO of Pascagoula, we understand that every hour closed leads to an hour lost of productivity and potential revenue. Commercial damage restoration produces unique challenges so it is very important to choose a trained professional with a proven track record. At SERVPRO of Pascagoula, we will respond immediately to your damage regardless of size or scope. When your facility is affected, no job is too big or too small. If your find yourself in this situation, call SERVPRO of Pascagoula.
We Will Restore Your Home Day or Night in Pascagoula After a Flood
Keeping your Family Safe Before and During Flood Damage in Pascagoula
While flood damage in Pascagoula can be easy to deal with on your own, adding a family and household into the mix can significantly complicate matters. Protecting your home and belongings before a major storm or hurricane hits the area should factor into your thought processes as well. The further ahead of a storm you plan for disaster, the more likely you are to make it through without undue troubles.
Keep Safety in Mind
Flood Damage in Pascagoula can pose a significant hazard to the health and safety of you and your family. Do your best to follow public service announcements about incoming storms and any evacuations that they may warrant, as these warnings are not made lightly and failing to follow them can lead to severe consequences. Additionally, you should have a waterproof container full of first aid supplies, flashlights, drinking water, and other survival essentials that you can access in times of need.
Have a Second Place to Stay
Having a place to stay set up before disaster strikes can help you get to a safer position without confusion and time pressure. Relatives who live further inland or in elevated areas may be able to offer refuge. If this option is not available to you, please try to identify towns with hotels that fare better in most storms than your neighborhood.
Stay Away from Floodwaters
Whether you choose to ride out the storm at home or evacuate elsewhere please be aware of the dangers floodwaters pose both to individuals and vehicles. SERVPRO technicians have specialized protective gear before entering any flooded area.
SERVPRO of Pascagoula stays prepared before, during, and after every major storm to help out local homeowners with flood damage Call us 24/7 at (228)475-3473
Protecting Your Belongings During Cleanup after Flood Damage
Seek the professional help of SERVPRO when you find flood damage in your home
When severe weather events affect the residences in the Pascagoula area, the interior of your home might suffer dramatically. Many homeowners find that water from lakes and streams invade their home's living space by only an inch or two, but still make a mess of things located much higher. Restoring your home after a flood includes protecting your home's contents.
If your Pascagoula home suffers flood damage, protecting your belongings needs to start immediately, also. After we remove the majority of the water with our extraction equipment, we then proceed to remove any visible debris lying on your home's floors. This provides us with clearer walkways within your home, increasing safety levels.
As we remove flood damaged materials in your home, we also need to remove your family's belongings. We do this to protect them from possible damages, to ensure those items that require restoration receive it, and to remove anything that might hinder our work crews.
Working in teams of two people, we inventory and carefully box your items. Our employees carry this task out in a standardized measures, ensuring that your home's inventory sheets' format remains consistent from one room to another. We also make a note of items that show damage or other problems, and at times, take photos of the damage for later reference. These notes and other evidence can assist you in making insurance claims and replacing such items, as well.
Making your house "Like it never even happened." after flood damage includes taking care of your belongings. Correctly inventorying your items helps us return these to their proper locations inside your home. Working in groups of teams, SERVPRO knows how to restore your home's interior after flood damage while protecting undamaged belongings.
SERVPRO of Pascagoula is always available to help. Call our 24-hour service line at (228) 475-3473 so we can start the work your home needs and deserves.
Restoring Your Home As Quickly as Possible
SERVPRO Offers Fast and Thorough Storm Damage Restoration Services
Pascagoula homeowners are no stranger to severe weather systems passing through the area. While you cannot always account for when these strong storms are coming through the area, or adequately prepare for what they might entail, you should always be mindful of the damage that severe weather can do to your home.
Storm damage to your Pascagoula home can happen very quickly and with minimal warning. Something as simple as a dead tree on your property could substantially damage your house and force its way through the structural shell of your residence when it falls over, or limbs are broken off. Worse still, in many cases where storm damage affects your home, the storm itself is far from over.
What this means for your house is the probability of compounding issues such as flooding or water damage. That is why you should contact our team of SERVPRO restoration specialists as soon as you can following a disastrous incident like this. The more of a chance that our technicians have of getting to the problem early, the less subsequent damage that could result from the openings of your home.
From the moment that our SERVPRO professionals arrive at your house, our primary concern is boarding up or tarping over the exposed and vulnerable points of your house. While this might not be the most exciting looking process, it protects your home from further damage from the storm that might still be passing through or other weather events that might follow closely behind.
An assessment of both the exterior issues of your home as well as the potential water damage is another preliminary step to the restoration process that helps our team determine what areas require the most immediate attention. For substantial damages, our technicians can utilize controlled demolition to prepare the area for reconstruction efforts to follow.
Storm damage can rear its ugly head in several different ways, but you can trust in the experience and professionalism of SERVPRO of Pascagoula to help you through every step of the restoration process. In these situations, quick reactions can save your home from further damage and more costly repairs. You can call our emergency response team 24/7 at (228)475-3473
Home Sweet..... Mold?
Microbial growth is a serious problem for one to have in their home or business! Most people do not even know that they have microbial growth cultivating in their property. One way microbial growth makes itself known is it gives off an musty odor. It is important to not ignore a smell like this in you home or business. Leaving microbial growth alone to grow will only increase the cost of getting it removed. It is also putting the occupant(s) of the building's health at risk. You need to address the situation immediately. We will remedy your loss "Like it never even happened." Why wait? The microbial growth is not. It is only getting stronger and harsher. Call us at (228) 475-3473. We are always here to help.
SERVPRO of Pascagoula, MS, is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Pascagoula
SERVPRO of Pascagoula specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Extension Cords Safety Tips
Extension cords are one of the most commonly misused items in a home and at the office. To ensure safety use these following tips when using extension cords.
- Determine the correct wattage required to power the device and be sure to select the correct size of the extension cord. If connecting two or more devices, add together the wattage rating for all devices to prevent overload.
- Select the appropriate extension cord for using devices indoor or outdoor.
- Do not use extension cords that are cut or damaged. Touching the exposed strand of wire can give someone electric shock or burn.
- Be sure to unplug extension cords when finished using due to the cord will still conduct electricity until it is unplugged.
- Running a cord under carpet or across a doorway is unsafe.
A Small Leak Could Be A Big Problem
There’s no such thing as a small disaster. Even a small water leak has the potential to blossom into a big problem later. The key to avoiding a loss is to take care of every water problem as soon as it’s discovered. Unseen water can soak through walls, seep through carpet and pool on sub floors causing major problems over time. SERVPRO of Pascagoula has the equipment, training, and experience to fix all your water damage needs. We can safely clean and restore homes utilizing the following procedures:
- Identify the Source/ Type of Water
- Measure Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
- Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises For Hidden Moisture
- Perform Emergency Water Extractions
- Move and Block Furniture & Contents
- Inspect Carpet Pad/Carpet and Provide Service
- Apply Necessary Treatments (Disinfectants/ Deodorization)
- Utilize Advanced Drying and Monitoring Equipment
- Dispose of Reuse
Our team will work efficiently to find and dry unseen water before secondary damages set in. To help small leaks from becoming big problems, call us at 228-475-3473