Here are some things to consider from the American Lung Association about air quality in your home:
· Is anyone smoking indoors? No one should smoke indoors.
· Can you see or smell mold or mildew?
· Is the humidity regularly above 50 percent?
· Are there leaks or standing water anywhere—kitchen, basement, attic?
· Are all fuel-burning appliances (gas stoves, water heaters, fireplaces) fully vented to the outdoors?
· Is there an attached garage or basement where cars, lawnmowers or motorcycles are stored?
· Are household chemicals, paints or solvents stored indoors or in an attached garage or basement?
· Have you recently remodeled or added new furniture, carpeting or painted?
· Do you use odor-masking chemicals or "air-freshening" devices?
· Has kitchen or food garbage been covered and removed?
· Have you used pesticides recently?
If you have an ongoing air quality issue, call SERVPRO of Biloxi for further consultation. We have a staff of professionals, certified in all aspects of deodorization and microbial remediation